Saturday, April 19, 2008

Episode one is up!

The maiden episode of WoTmudcast is now available! You can download it by clicking on the link at the right of the page. I'd like to thank a few people for helping me navigate the novice waters of podcasting:
  • The Future Fade, who spent three weeks encouraging me and helping me get this all together.
  • Jason and Ted from the Warhamma.com podcast. They've actually been playing our game, checking it out, and have been very helpful with advice.
  • Brent from VirginWorlds podcast, who produces an excellent product and is really valuable to the world of online gaming and podcasts.
  • Nass, Elysia, Giramael, Athnaina and Tamarlyn who kept me focused and on point -- and gave me valuable feedback.
  • Kaplen from our game, who is a professional radio celebrity, for offering advice... even if my reply to his email got returned as undeliverable. :8

I'm not a professional at this podcasting stuff. Goodness knows that I'm scared to death to release this episode because it's the very first one... and I'm also unbelievably thrilled to release it because it's the very first one! To top it off, I've been congested with allergies for several days and I can't tell you how many times we recorded, and re-recorded, and re-re-recorded, followed by editing... So please be gracious and kind. I know there are veteran podcasters out there who will shake their heads at my newbie mistakes. The podcasts can only get better, right? :)

So thank you very much for coming by and checking out the podcast. If you have any suggestions for content please be sure to post them up or email them to me.

Have a great time in Randland!

-- Vivienne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pod cast.

Nice sexy voice. :)

You guys could come out sooner and more open about the forums situation (at Wotmad, since regular down).

Nice to know something akin to the Mael?? is back to help the Newbie ones.
One of my memories of a newbie is getting aid from those awsome guys.

PS: Ever considered doing a Yourtube presentation ?
I personaly would love to see a face behind the Voice.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed listening to the first episode. Kind of cool that it came out on my birthday! Hope this gets more popular and brings in a few new people to the game.

Keep up the great job!

- Milen